-------------- 2022 --------------
12.12. I'd like to proudly announce that my long awaited take on Fuzz Face, called Diamond has been finished, and you can order it.
Follow me on Instagram and Facebook.
Al Anderson of The Wailers (Bob Marley) had heard the Bananaboost somewhere in L.A. and he promptly ordered one for himself :) These beautiful moments are absolutely worth all the sweat.
Howdy! You can pay in USD if you please, and with a pretty friendly conversion rate :) The majority of my customers have been Americans and so this may help you guys.
-------------- 2018 --------------
23.4. I am very happy to announce that i've got four pedals in "Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets". Garry Kemp is occasionaly rocking his Moon Vibe MkII, and Lee Harris uses Pig Hoofs and Bananaboost. I saw the band in Lipzig, the sound was amazing (it made me feel very, very proud).
-------------- 2016 --------------
23.9. Lee Harris of The Blockheads is a happy Pig Hoof MKII owner.
20.1. Gilmourish.com have published a review of my Bananaboost.
-------------- 2015 --------------
5.8. Andrzej Kwiatkowski send me a video, where he presents an excellent combination of Pig Hoof MkII and BK Butler Tube driver.
2.7. I finally released an improved Bananaboost. This one is 18V based, with plenty of headroom and a new look.
1.1. Guns N'Roses drummer, composer and guitarist Matt Sorum owns two of my pedals - Pig Hoof a Moon Vibe MkII.
------------- 2013 ------------
20.8. Gilmourish.com have published a review of my Moon Vibe MkII.
8.5. The long awaited Moon Vibe MkII has been released today, with very short waiting list.
2.5. 27.05. Gilmourish.com have published a review of my Pig Hoof MkII.
------------- 2012 ------------
03.11. Widara company has released my design of a simple rock stage theremin under a name Distant Voices.
More in my blog.
|You are at: Electronic Orange > Guitar pedals > Spaghetti Wah: an upgrade of your old wah pedal
Spaghetti Wah: an upgrade of your old wah pedal (wah mod)
|The bare enclosure dimensions:|
Height: 8 cm
Width: 10 cm
Lenght: 25.5 cm
Weight: 1000-1700 g
Power: 9 VDC
Current draw: 8 mA (+LED)
PRICE: 108 EUR / 116 USD
|The waiting time is currently very short.|
|For customers located in European Union only.|
Price variant:- extension of the angle: + €13
- output impedance boost (for fuzzes): + €5
- LED: + €10
- tone switch ala Jimy Hendrix: + €10
|Since we have no access to cheap wah enclosures, our Spaghetti Wah can be only built into your own enclosure, that you have to send to us.
Spaghetti wah is a clone of the classic early 60's Real McCoy wah pedals by VOX. These beauties were manufactured in Italy and they were equipped with an axial Hallo inductor (two different types by time) and a wah pot with a special taper marked ICAR. Due to their sweet tone of vocal-like quality, Italian VOX Real McCoy wahs are the most sought after among these pedals nowadays, and also very, very expensive ones.
Spaghetti wah incorporates the following features that help copy the original Real McCoy sound (as recently proved by comparing our model to an old original unit):
1. The Whipple inductor incorporated, is a hand-made, exact Hallo copy. In late 60's, VOX changed Hallos for a "trash can" axial inductors (they were shielded by a metal top, that's why the nickname) and later on in 70's they changed the inductor again - this time to the radial red/yellow Fasel inductors. However the Hallo remains the legend.
2. Spaghetti Wah also comes with the ICAR taper wah-pot to get the right circuit response. Recent market standards like Hot Potz II or recent VOX pots have a different taper, that is steeper and sounds a bit too straightforward.
3. True bypass switching helps to keep the trebles in the bypassed signal, which is the well known problem of the standard switching. Wah pedals have very low input impedance, that drags a great deal of the bypassed signal to the ground, making the guitar sound dull. Our true bypass is also tuned to keep the unity volume level with the dry signal. The volume drop is very often mistake when incorporating true bypass to wah pedals.
4. The capacitors used strictly follow the original capacitor types, which helps to keep the vintage sound.
5. We use metallic resistors because we can't see any advantage in using carbon resistors, and we do not believe in magical impact of resistor type on the sound. So they won't be used but on your demand.
6. On your demand, we can also incorporate an output impedance boost that will assure the wah will work when placed before old-fashioned, low impedance fuzz boxes like Fuzz Face or Tonebender. This has no impact on the sound, but be aware that you will no longer be able to do the "Pink Floyd seagull" sounds any more by reversing the input/output jacks.
7. On your demand we can also install a LED indicator and a Jimy Hendrix tone switch, that adds a thicker and quackier wah sound.
Jimy Hendrix had his wah modded by a Thomas Organ Co. technician Dave Wayer. Jimy needed his wah to work with his Fuzz Face, and he didn't like how the wah sound kicks off all squeaky when turned on. You can have these mods in your Spaghetti Wah.
Original units used by: many of the 60's heroes
Contemporary trend: optional LED, optional DC socket, True Bypass ON/OFF foot switch, optional output buffer, optional tone switch
| Les Paul standard 1977 & VOX AC15: Spaghetti Wah to a clean amp|
| Les Paul standard 1977 & VOX AC15: Spaghetti Wah to a cranked amp|
| Les Paul standard 1977 & VOX AC15: tone switch - more bassy and quacking sound |
The price does not include the enclosure, this is a wah-wah mod, not a wah-wah build
The price includes:
- The Whipple inductor - an exact Hallo replica
- Aluminium-polystyrene capacitors as in the original units
- top quality Panasonic Low Voltage capacitors replacing the Tropical Fish
- transistors BC108B
- ICAR taper pot
- the circuit board follows the original VOX design
- 9V battery included inside
- Cliff foot switch
- true Bypass switching that won't pop
- low capacity jack sockets by Cliff
- hight quality battery clips by Cliff
- thick wires for the maximum sound fidelity and overall durability
- firm and durable internal design
- the sound of these unit was tuned to be identical to the early 60's original we have in possession
- 9V battery or power adapter (50-100mA at minimum)
- DC socket for a standard 5.5/2.1 mm barrel jack, positive on the barrel, negative inside
- The battery life will be extended by unplugging the input jack when the pedal is not in use. Plugging in a DC jack also disconnects the battery and saves its life.